Give your feet a treat by pampering them with a home-made scrub and a massage. Sometimes simply washing and moisturizing you feet is not enough. You need to treat them special and you will find that you feel rejuvenated as well. The following can all be made at home easily with ingredients available from any grocery store, while some things you will even have at home. You can make it yourself, it is safe and very easy.
1. First of all soak you feet in this Cocktail Foot Soak which combines lemon juice, milk as mild bleaching agents as well as olive oil for moisture. What you need for this is
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
Squeeze out 1 cup of fresh lemon juice, add the cinnamon powder and olive oil in it and then add the milk. Mix it well. Fill a tub with warm water and mix this ‘cocktail’ into it. Put your feet into the water, sit back and let your feet soak for a good 15-20 minutes.
2. After that, take your feet out and wash them with mild soap, pat them dry with a towel and apply a moisturizing foot cream.
3. After you’ve soaked your feet, the skin will be soft and porous because of the warm water. You need to make this Coffee Scrub –it is amazing! What you need is
- 4 tablespoons of ground coffee
- 3 tablespoons of corn meal (or ground oatmeal)
- 3 tablespoons of sea salt or Epsom salt
- 3 tablespoons of Olive or Almond oil
- 2 drops of lavender oil for relaxation or peppermint oil for revitalization.
Mix all the ingredients well and scrub it onto your feet in slow circular movements. Lightly massage your feet with it. Don’t let it dry completely, but when you feel that you’ve massaged it into your skin, wash the scrub off with warm water and pat dry.
4. This is a very exciting recipe –Foot Lotion that you can make all by yourself! The things you will need are Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Lavendar Oil, Wheat Germ Oil and fragrance oil. Take a nice, washed and dried empty bottle, poor 1 tablespoon of each oil and a dozen or so drops of the fragrance oil. Close the bottle tightly and shake the bottle extremely well. Just rub the lotion into your feet after the foot scrub or after you have cleaned them. Rub it in well and get someone to massage your feet with this lotion.
It’s home-made and natural so there are no side-effects or chemical reactions to skin.