In many cultures, your beauty is measured by your cheekbones, and mostly it is said that high cheekbones are a sign on beauty.
Unfortunately, this is one facial feature we choose to ignore
and even if you do apply blush on or bronzing shimmer to it, we do not do it the right way. It is about time that we realized how important it is to apply blush on correctly, because there are very few among us who know how to apply it. It is horrifying when girls overdo the blush on part and look like blushing damsels or even worse, clowns! First of all,
overdo your eyes and lips because it adds drama and glamor but with the cheeks, you have to be really careful not to mess your look.
1. Everybody has a unique skin type and tone which you need to be aware of so that you are able to choose the right colors and type of blush on. People with dry skin should use cream blush on to add moisture and it is preferable that the rest skin types apply powder blush on.
People with fairer skin have cool undertones and should use mauve or pink colors
Those with warm undertones should use orange or warmer colors to highlight their cheeks while those with natural undertones –which falls in between both can use natural pinks.
2. Use a medium sized round brush, swirl it in your blush on and dust off any excess powder. Smile widely and brush it lightly in circular motion on the apples of the cheeks. This gives a slightly blushed and glowing look which is great for the day. If you want to give a bit more color, add some more blush, dust off and brush it just under the cheek bone towards hairline. This gives an illusion of high cheekbones as it highlights the contours, adding a yummy look. You can also do this by sucking your cheeks in and applying on the hollows towards hairline.
3. Blend it well so it doesn’t appear blotchy and keeps a uniform color on the cheeks. Remember to use clean brush to avoid contamination of skin by germs and do not use over the counter brushes because most of them have spiky bristles that can irritate the skin.
4. Cream blushes should be dabbed on by the middle finger onto the cheek and cheek bone.
Use the index and ring finger to blend the color
use circular motion and blend it well so it doesn’t appear in spots.
5. For a glitzy look, apply some gold or bronze shimmer to your cheek just under the eyes so you glow when you smile.
6. If you have a round or full face, apply blush more on the cheek, near your hairline.
To accentuate your cheek hollows, apply blush onto them. This will give a dramatic look to your high cheekbones.
Good luck with it and remember that you always perfect your skills with practice, so never hesitate in experimenting with different colors and techniques.
Practice, experiment and see which suits you best
The point is to make your face look rosy and glowing.